While Microsoft Excel is a powerful program, it’s certainly not the easiest application to use. But fortunately, you’ve probably spent a significant amount of time getting to know the majority of features available. And there’s still quite a few beneficial hidden features to learn.
Here’s 6 tips and tricks to help you save valuable productivity time while using Microsoft Excel:
- Easily Calculate the SUM: It’s simple to add an entire row or column – simply click on the first empty cell in your desired column, then enter the formula “ALT + =” to add up the numbers in every cell.
- Navigate from Top to Bottom: If you have thousands of rows worth of data, then you probably don’t want to waste your time scrolling up and down. There’s a simple solution: press command and the up or down arrows to scroll from the first cell to the last.
- Adjust the Width of Columns: When you’re looking to adjust the width of columns, simply click on the column’s header and drag left or right until you’ve achieved your desired width.
- Create Charts: Looking to create a chart? First, enter data within the column headers, then select Insert, Chart, and choose a type of chart that suits your needs. Also, go to the Chart Tools menu to customize your chart!
- Enter the Right Data: Excel’s Data Validation feature helps you enter the right data. First, go to a table that contains one type of data, then visit the Table Tools tab to select Data Validation and specify the type of data in those cells.
- Delete Blank Rows: If you have various data that’s separated out by blank rows, it’s easy to delete these rows – select a column, press F5, click on Special, then select the “Blanks” option and go to Excel’s Home tab and press Delete to eliminate those blank rows.
Looking for more tips and tricks? Give us a call at (863) 709-0709 or send us an email at info@AlltekServices.com. Alltek Services is here to help you make the most of the applications you’re using on a daily basis.