NIST SP 800-171 Is Mandatory: Is Your Organization Adhering to Government Data Security Standards?
Everything you need to know about doing secure & compliant business with the government.
As of December 2017, the US Department of Defence (DoD) requires all organizations doing business with them to be compliant with NIST SP 800-171. However, the compliance concern isn’t limited to the DoD alone. Many other local, state, and federal governmental agencies are now also mandating compliance with NIST standards for managing information security.
Mandatory compliance is no joke, and penalties for non-compliance can be devastating. Failure to adhere with the NIST standards set out by DoD’s Federal Acquisition Regulations Supplement (DFARS) could result in the loss of your government contracts and your organization’s ability to do business with government agencies in the future.
Without a doubt, your organization highly values the work it does with and for government entities. With so much on the line, the time to get and stay compliant with NIST standards is now.
Under NIST SP 800-71, your organization is responsible for safeguarding ALL data and information related to any work you do for the DoD and other government agencies. This data includes:
- Controlled technical information (CTI)
- Any data defined as controlled unclassified information (CUI)
- Covered defense information (CDI)
Again, it must be restated: if you’re not compliant with these regulations, you’re technically no longer qualified to contract with the DoD. The last thing you want is to lose your government contracts or damage the professional relationships you’ve nurtured over the years.
Wondering how your organization can take hold of the NIST compliance reigns? Why not book a NIST Compliance Assessment with Alltek Services? Our team can efficiently audit your IT systems to make sure you’re compliant with the most recent NIST SP 800-171 regulations. We’ll let you know how your data security standards and practices look and help you implement any further measures to ensure NIST compliance.
Fill out the quick form on the right to schedule your NIST Compliance Assessment with Alltek! Nothing provides peace of mind like consultation and strategic support from experienced IT professionals.
Alltek has experience providing NIST compliance support services throughout Polk & Hillsborough counties. We’ve worked with private and public sector organizations to deploy IT security audits and develop cyber security best practices that make compliance a breeze. Our assessment process is streamlined and designed to build compliance capacity within as little as one day – all you have to do is reach out to our team!
Compliance is Key: NIST SP 800-171 Makes Data Security a Whole New Ball Game for Businesses
Wondering if you should book a compliance assessment and consultation? Start by asking yourself this: have any of these thoughts crossed your mind recently?
- We’re behind on NIST compliance, what can we do to get started?
- We need to get on top of NIST compliance now or we’re going to lose our government contracts!
- I don’t even want to know how much it’s going to cost my organization to get and stay NIST complaint. We aren’t a huge organization and we’re budget-conscious.
- I don’t know anything about NIST, but I feel like I should.
Chances are, if these thoughts sound familiar, you’re due for a NIST Compliance Assessment. Stop losing sleep over the fear of data breach or losing government contracts due to non-compliance – Alltek Services can help! Our team will work quickly to identify compliance gaps and will implement solutions to help you uphold NIST standards consistently.
Here are just some of the strategic benefits that our NIST Compliance Assessment will offer:
- Relevant & full-scope analysis – we’ll conduct a comprehensive review of your facility, your IT systems, and your personnel policies to ensure that compliance is embedded into every facet of your business.
- Actionable and customized insights – NIST compliance is not a one-size fits all solution. Alltek understands that every organization is different and will have different needs and challenges to address. We’ll work to find the gaps unique to your business and ensure they’re patched up with customized solutions to meet your specific needs.
- Risk mitigation and cost-reduction – mitigate huge risks to your reputation and your bottom line by partnering with IT professionals to ensure you’re NIST complaint. Our compliance experts will help you understand when and how to invest in compliance solutions and explain how each investment will result in long-term savings and risk-reduction.
So, why should you turn to Alltek Services for NIST compliance support? The short answer is, we’re committed to helping business professionals work smarter and safer with technology every day.
When it comes to NIST compliance, we believe in carefully assessing your network and implementing customized compliance solutions that help you maintain business relationships and uphold regulatory standards.
Partnering with Alltek Services for NIST compliance support means your organization will receive:
- Strategic expertise from experienced professionals, at a price that all businesses can afford.
- An easy, fully-managed consulting arrangement that helps you get the answers you need quickly and the solutions you need to stay compliant.
- Continued compliance assistance and consultation as needed from a trusted company who is committed to helping you better manage IT in the same of compliance and security.
Ready to take NIST compliance off the back-burner? Don’t wait a single second more!
Reach out to Alltek Services right away to learn more about how your organization can get and stay NIST compliant. Reach our team of IT compliance experts anytime at (863) 709-0709 or via email at info@AlltekServices.com.